Thursday, January 19, 2012

Stats!

So Sadie went to her new pediatrician last week to get her 4 month shots (even though she is 5 and a half months old...) and we got her new measurements!

Height: 25.5 inches long / 50-75th percentile
Head: 16.25 inches (didn't give a percentile on this one)
Weight: 13 lbs .2 oz / 10th percentile

So she's long and skinny. Enjoy it while it lasts, girl, cause with your genetics you won't be tall and skinny for long!! :) But of course the most important thing is that she's healthy. She has been introduced to solids and has been gobbling up rice cereal for about 2 weeks now. She loves her rice but hates the oatmeal. I think I'll give her a couple weeks and then try it again. I mean, who doesn't love oatmeal, right?
Sadie's latest (and favorite) trick is to roll from her back onto her tummy and then getting stuck there. She'll start to scream and flail her arms and legs until you turn her back over. The real kicker is that she knows how to roll from her tummy to back; she's been doing it since November!! But I guess since she starting rolling onto her tummy she has forgotten how to go the other way. Highly inconvenient if you ask me. I'm thinking she's going to learn to crawl soon with how much time she spends on her tummy and kicking her legs. I can tell she's just itching to get into everything around her. I better appreciate this immobile time while I can!

Disclaimer: this video is a bit long (~3 mins) and only moderately entertaining. I don't know how to edit out the boring parts. :)

Sadie loves to read books. She'll sit on my lap and listen to stories and stare at the pictures. She is already a lover of books, just like her mom and dad!

Her favorite toys right now are an Exersaucer toy Ben and Allison are letting us use, her teething rings, a little piano rattle that plays classical music, and a little monkey rattle/teether. Actually, I should say that her ultimate favorite toys are her hands; she plays with and chews on those things till they're rubbed raw and sore! That's why we bought her teething rings for Christmas, but alas, they can't compare with those little hands.
Ok, so we also got her a Johnny Jump Up for Christmas. I found it at Target for only $20 and I was so excited to use it. We set it up right away and she used it for a couple days trying to get the hang of it. One morning I put her in and walked over to the kitchen to put some dishes away, something I'd done before and didn't think twice about. Then I heard this odd sucking in, almost gasping, noise and I quickly go check on Sadie and her head was leaned over the edge so that the weight of her head was putting pressure on her neck and it was too heavy for her to lift up on her own. I got her up, comforted her, almost started crying myself, and immediately took down the Johnny Jump Up and hid it away in the closet. Clearly, she is not ready for this toy. We'll try again when she can crawl, or at least when I know she can pick herself up if she leans too far forward. Sadie takes all her naps and sleeps all night in her pack 'n play (still haven't gotten around to getting a crib yet...), which is a big thing for her since up until about a month ago she required all naps to take place in someones arms. The little princess wanted to be held while she slept but luckily we have broken that habit and she sleeps quite well on her own. Thank goodness. :) And she usually sleeps between 9-11 hours at night, which is fabulous!

We sure love our little Sadie-bug and are so happy and thankful to have her in our lives!

I meant to post these a long time ago, but for reference, here are her measurements from her first few doctor check-ups.

Age: 1 month
Height: 20 and 1/2 inches long / 10-25th percentile
Head: 13 and 7/8 inches / 5th percentile
Weight: 7 lbs 9 and 1/2 oz / 5-10th percentile

Age: 2 months
Height: 22 inches / 25th percentile
Head: 14 and 1/2 inches / 10th percentile
Weight: 9 lbs 2 oz / 10th percentile

3 comments:

  1. loved the video! my babies learned to roll front to back first then back to front (which is harder). She is too small for the Johny jump-up--her arms should be where her head is! She'll need to grow more before that thing is safe--glad you checked on her. Love her smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that darling girl! She's grown a lot already since Thanksgiving.
    PS. I'm following you now. . . haha (that kinda sounded creepy in my head when I typed it but I didn't mean it creepy). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness she is cute. She needs to come over here and play again soon. Happiest girl in the world.

    ReplyDelete