Sunday, May 20, 2012

Busy, busy April!

I haven't blogged in awhile and it's because April was a whirlwind of events. It started with Easter when we went to Utah to visit Chris's family. We had a wonderful time. I didn't take as many pictures as I should have, but here are the ones I got...

 Sadie got to meet her great-grandparents in Salt Lake. We had a nice little visit.

 Sadie fell asleep in Kevin's arms. What a nice uncle!

I think Sadie's favorite part about Easter was playing with that plastic that was wrapped around her basket. Why is it that babies love plastic and wrapping paper so much?

 
This is right after the Easter egg hunt where I basically picked up eggs for her. 
After Easter, Kevin and Lori drove to Colorado to visit us. I couldn't believe how sweet Eric was with Sadie! He kept asking if he could hold her, it was so sweet. Such a great cousin. Sadie was so happy during their visit. I think if she had her way we would have constant visitors so she would have someone other than boring mommy to play with during the day. :)

 We went to Boulder and did a little nature walk down a pretty path before going to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Yummmm....





After Kevin and Lori's visit, my parents came in town and we all went to Steamboat Springs with Ben and Allison. We went hiking, swimming in the hot springs, played card games, went hot-tubbing, and ate entirely too much Coldstone ice cream cake.

 Lori brought me a starter kit for Amish Friendship Bread; it takes 10 days to make and was absolutely DE-licious!!
 Sadie with Grandma and Grandpa at Steamboat Springs.

On our way to the hike we came across a baby bear crossing the road, only to be followed by momma bear and another baby!! It was so cool. I think the only time I've ever seen a bear not in a zoo or on tv was at Yosemite once as a kid, and it was nighttime so I don't have a very clear memory. This was crazy.
 There's the first bear cub.
 
There's momma and the second cub. She wouldn't cross the street to her baby until we drove away. Smart momma bear.
 
 Check out how close we were!! I can't believe what a good shot we got. Oh how I love having a camera phone. :)

Here are a few pictures from the actual hike. And, no, we did not run into any more bears, thankfully. 
haha, Sadie fell asleep on the hike. What a great face!
Ok, I just realized that these 3 above pictures are from a different hike we went on a couple weeks ago in the Flatirons near Boulder with Ben and Allison, NOT Steamboat Springs. I don't feel like copying/pasting them to a different part of this post, so there ya go. 


Now these are all Steamboat Springs!


 



     
 
Sadie got in some good play-time with Grandma. And Grandpa too, just not in this picture. :)


After a wonderful week at Steamboat Springs, I hopped on a plane and went to Riverside/San Diego for the weekend for my friend Liel's wedding. It was a fast paced weekend---I rented my first car, experienced the legendary LA traffic where it took me an hour and half to go 30 miles, visited Riverside for the first time (it was surprisingly beautiful, much more than I expected), visited San Diego and the temple there for the first time, and had some good "me" time. My friend Kate was supposed to come too but got strep at the last minute--total bummer.
 My outfit for the wedding, aside from the flip flops. I wore some snazzy Sarah Jessica Parker-esque shoes, but they didn't get put on until the last minute.
 Me and Liel, the beautiful bride. I was impressed by how poised she was; very gracious and collected in accepting compliments and making conversation with wedding guests. I was privileged to get to share the day with her. I also forgot how much I really like Liel and how much fun she is to be around. We really must have a roomie reunion sometime in the next few years. It's just so hard to get everyone in the same state...
 Liel and Will after getting married in San Diego.
 Not the most flattering picture of me, but I like the angle of the temple.
What a beautiful temple! I definitely would like to go back and visit San Diego again someday. 

After coming home I got to spend the rest of the weekend with my parents, Ben and Allison, and Daniel and Becca (they came out for the weekend, though, since I was gone Friday and Saturday for the wedding, I only got to see them on Sunday). We spent the day having a weenie roast in B&A's new fire pit, with s'mores for dessert, then playing Bang! and Scum in the basement while the kids slept. It was a crazy busy weekend (and week) but lots of fun. 

So that's our April in a nutshell. I'll do another post about Sadie's achievements this month, and there have certainly been many of those!! I can't believe how fast she is growing. I wish she'd just slow down a bit...

3 comments:

  1. I love this Cindy. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great that you got to go to Liel's wedding! I guess moving to Hawaii isn't really helping with the whole all of us being in the same area...Oh well, I guess we'll always have Provo! Sadie is looking so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the photos--especially enjoyed the one of you and Liel! looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete