Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hiking the Flatirons

On Saturday Chris and I decided against our typical lazy weekend behavior where we basically just watch tv all day and drove to Boulder to take a hike in the Flatiron Mountains. The trail we hiked was the Royal Arch trail; it was 4 miles long and took us about 3 hours to complete, including food breaks for both Sadie and ourselves. It was tough, I definitely sweat a ton, but it was so, so much fun. I think I enjoyed it so much because I got to spend the day with my 2 favorite people. After a long week of not seeing Chris a whole lot, this was a perfect Saturday activity. I definitely want to go back and check out some of the other trails!






2 comments:

  1. wow! good for you--4 miles is a long hike. The scenery looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun day! Way to go Chris! After a long week of work, work work, the last thing I typically want to do is go someplace. I'm always glad after the fact that Vickie suceeded in getting me to "create memories". However, the first step out the door is generally the most difficult one. I think Frodo Baggins had a good quote from his Uncle Bilbo on this topic... "Come on, Sam. Remember what Bilbo used to say: 'It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.' "

    By the way, this is BOB making this post, not Vickie. :)

    ReplyDelete