Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tag! You're it!

So my sister in law Emily tagged me and since I enjoyed reading her responses I decided I'd do it too. I usually don't do these kinds of things, but I figured I don't have anything else interesting to blog about so this will do nicely. :)

Here are the rules:
1-Post these rules.
2-Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3-Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4-Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5-Go to their blog/twitter/facebook and tell them you've tagged them.
6-No saying "If you're reading this, you're tagged!"

Here's my random photo:
This was taken in San Francisco around the spring of 2007. I don't remember exactly when but I know it was before I got married but there's a ring on my finger so it was sometime between December 2006 and June 2007. Anyway, it doesn't get much more random than that.

11 random things:

1-I just ate a Fiber One 90 calorie brownie and it was delicious. Surprisingly delicious for something that low cal and that high fiber.

2-I love the color yellow. Not mustard yellow, or sports car yellow, but sunshine yellow, and crayola yellow. It's just so bright and happy.

3-I can't wait to see the Hunger Games. It comes out tomorrow; we'll probably wait a week or so to see it to avoid the opening weekend crowds, but regardless, I'm really excited.

4-I wish it were summer so I could take Sadie swimming for the first time. I think she'll love it.

5-I wish I could find some way for all my family to live close by. Now that I'm a stay at home mom I find myself missing family (my family and Chris's family) more than I ever have before. Living so close to Ben and Allison has kind of made me realize how cool it could be to live close to everyone. haha, then I'd have more options for walking buddies and I wouldn't be bugging Allison all the time to work out with me. :) If only there was some kind of invention that would make it possible to cross large distances in minutes...that'd be cool.

6-I've had a hankering lately to go on a cruise. This summer will be our 5th wedding anniversary so I'm toying with the idea of a cruise this summer. Like most of my ideas it probably won't happen, but it's still fun to think about.

7-I've recently discovered Zumba and it is way fun. I have the Zumba Fitness 2 game for the Wii and do it about 4 days a week. Great work out and lots of fun.

8-I kind of want to learn something about photography. We recently had photos taken by my awesome friend and I felt bad because Sadie got super camera shy. She's such a smiley baby and will smile and anyone at anytime, but for some reason she wouldn't crack a grin for nearly the entire session! If I knew something about cameras and editing photos I could get some great shots.

9-Sometimes I wonder why anybody chooses to be vegetarian (don't want to offend any vegetarian friends out there!). Meat just tastes too dang good to give up. Plus it's a fantastic source of protein. Plus it tastes good in just about anything. Plus if no one ate meat we'd have cows ruling the world. And who wants that, really?

10-I love being a mommy. It's the best!

11-I need a new phone. Seriously, it's time to upgrade. I've had the same phone for nearly 6 years now and it wasn't a top of the line phone when I got it. I've been waiting for it to die and it just won't. I've made a deadline to get a new phone before we go visit Utah because I need a way to track my eating (I count calories--myfitnesspal.com--it's amazing) so I can keep losing weight. We're going to Utah in a few weeks so I think I'm gonna finally buckle down and get one.

whew!! It got kinda hard coming up with random things. It's kind of fun typing my random thoughts. :)

Now to answer the questions from Emily's post.

1. What is your favorite animal, and why? --I haven't seriously thought about this question since I was a kid. When I was a kid my answer was always a horse or a wolf. Now I don't really know. I always considered myself a big animal lover, but as I've grown up I'm learning that I'm not really sure if I like animals all that much. They smell, leave hair all over the place, you gotta clean up their poop, etc etc. I think I may still say horse because they're fun to ride.

2. In your opinion, what is the best board game ever made?--Ok, this is a really hard question because there are a ton of great games out there, but I LOVE the game Ticket to Ride. Whenever I meet someone who has it I want to play it. We don't own it because it's ridiculously expensive for a game and we've just never put the money down for it. Someday we'll probably cave. Also Curses is fun (more of a card game) and Bang (also a card game).

3. Carpet, hardwood or tile?--Carpet!! It's cozy and you can play on the floor with the kids (in my case just one kid)...it's just more comfortable. If I were to own a house though I would make it a combo of the three: tile in kitchens and bathrooms, carpet in bedrooms and other less formal rooms (rec room or whatever) and hardwood for others.

4. What are you/did you look for in a spouse?--someone who was my best friend, who understood me, made me laugh, balanced me out.

5. What is your favorite food/dessert your mom makes?--my mom makes awesome desserts. Snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, cherries jubilee, texas sheet cake, chocolate pudding yumminess... Even though I use the exact same recipe and follow it to a tee, her cookies are always a zillion times yummier than mine. I don't understand it.

6. What is the first FUN thing you would buy if you won $1,000,000 dollars?--Hard question. I first think of paying off student loans, then buy a house, new cars, etc. All practical things that a family needs. Then I think of all the books I would love to own, but those aren't particularly expensive. Maybe clothes, I haven't bought new clothes in a long time, but that's kind of practical too. If we're being really ridiculous maybe a private jet so we could fly wherever we wanted whenever we wanted. That'd be sweet. :)

7. If you could choose anywhere to move to raise your family, where would you go?--We've already moved there, Colorado!

8. What is your favorite memory from high school?--I think about all the hours spent swimming. I had a lot of good times in the pool. Also stake play my junior year was super fun; that was a very social year.

9. What is your dream pet?--see question 1. I always wanted a dog (or a horse, but really, I'm never gonna have a horse) but now that I think about it, I don't really want to take care of a dog and they slobber all over you. Cats are more independent so I wouldn't have to do much, but I don't really like cats. They're mean. Maybe we'll get a hamster or something small that will stay primarily in a cage.

10. What is the best book you have read in the past year?--that is a very hard question. I keep a blog documenting all my books that I read. (sninny.blogspot.com) This last year has been a bit slower on the book reading front, what with having a baby and all, so I think my favorite from this last year was the Percy Jackson series. I know that's technically 5 books, but they're written for kids so I'll count them as one. :) I borrowed them from Lance (Chris's youngest brother) and they were really, really fun. Year before last had a lot more books that I would call "favorites": Hunger Games, Fablehaven, anything by Shannon Hale.

11. What is your dream date/favorite date?--Ok, dream date here, and maybe this isn't really a date but more of a vacation, but I'd love to go traveling with Chris through Europe, Italy especially. I know Chris wants to take me to Spain so we've fantasized about traveling across Europe together. Who knows when that will ever happen. We have a hard enough time taking little trips together, let alone a trip across the ocean. And then add kids into the mix...maybe when we retire. :)


Ok, now to post 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
1-What is your favorite color and why?
2-If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
3-Do you prefer the beach or a lake?
4-What's one of your most embarrassing moments?
5-What was your favorite subject in school?
6-When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
7-What is one goal you have for the future?
8-What is your favorite book of all time?
9-What is a recipe you can make really well/your favorite recipe to make?
10-Who is someone that inspires you?
11-What kind of animal are you most like?

I tag Allison Meakin, Michelle Ryan, Alexandra Wink, Diana Hawkes, Liel Boyce, and Kate Challis. BTW, ladies, I won't be offended if you don't do this, so no worries. :)

2 comments:

  1. fun! I need something positive and random to write about. xoxxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely know what you mean about living close to family. How amazing would it be to have everyone you love within a 10 minute drive? It has been such a blessing to have you, chris, and Sadie here. It has made me feel much more at home here. Nothing trumps family. And you KNOW I'm always thrilled to walk/zumba with you!

    ReplyDelete